Chocolate Chip "Life" Cookies

 Saturday, February 11, 2012

A few months ago James bought a bunch of Quaker cereal because it was on sale for a really great price. He asked me if I liked Life and I said yes but only Cinnamon Life. I thought he'd buy a box. No, he bought 3 boxes. Only 1 box of Peanut Butter Capn' Crunch which is one of my favorite cereals, but 3 boxes of a cereal I only like a little bit. After 2 months or so we finally finished 1 box of Cinnamon Life. I don't know what it is, but it just isn't our favorite cereal and knowing that there are 2 more boxes to go I guess we dreaded eating it all. I looked online for any recipes that call for Life Cereal. I found a cookie recipe, tried it out, and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Next time you have too much Cinnamon Life Cereal, just try this recipe, or, if you are craving these cookies, BUY Cinnamon Life just for them! 


Chocolate Chip "Life" Cookies

You can see the Cinnamon Life poking out. The cereal gives it an nice crunch. You can taste a hint of cinnamon from the cereal. It goes well with the peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Here is the recipe: 

Chocolate Chip "Life" Cookies

2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups Life or Cinnamon Life cereal
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream sugars, butter, and peanut butter together.  Add egg and vanilla and mix.  Stir together flour and baking soda and mix into butter mixture.  Add cereal and chocolate chips.  Stir well.  Drop onto baking stone or sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.  I baked for 8 minutes and they were perfect. Remove and allow to cool for 1 minute prior to removing to a cool rack.  Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP