Father's Day

 Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day 
to my wonderful dad & to my father in-law & to both my grandpas!  

































I am so thankful for my dad and for his loving kindness, faith, dedication, & love for the gospel and his family. I am grateful that all the father figures in my life are worthy Priesthood holders. Thank you Dad, Daddy Chapman, Gramps, & Grandpa Lewis for being such wonderful fathers! 
Pinned Image
It is 107° outside today! 
Today we had King Ranch Chicken for our Sunday meal. It's a slow-cooker recipe with chicken, cheese, cream of chicken soup, tomatoes, fritos (or any corn chips) and some other ingredients. We left the fritos out of the crock pot and just added them to the dish once it cooked because we wanted them crunchy not soggy. It was delish! You could also serve this over rice but you could just mix the fritos in and eat it that way like we did. Mmm mmm! Note: ours looked more orange (from cheddar cheese) and more soupy (we didn't add fritos until later so it doesn't look casserole-ish like this picture does).So pretty much it didn't look anything like this picture but it tasted way more appetizing than this picture looks if you can imagine that!
King Ranch Chicken
We also made Snickerdoodles! I LOVE snickerdoodle cookies but must be in the mood for them. I found a recipe that claims only 90 calories a cookie (2 tbsp serving size)! The cookies turned out tasty but crumbly because the bottoms stuck to the pan even though they didn't burn at all. Hmm. They were still yummy! 
Snickerdoodles
Oh and James got a candybar at church today for Father's Day. James can we eat that Twix now? :)
What a great Father's Day!

Some other activities from this week include:
Babysitting baby Claire! She is an ANGEL baby! (this is her cute smile)
We ate at 5&Diner with our friends because we all had coupons...NOT a good experience. We waited forever for our food, the food was DRENCHED in grease (I literally ingested 99% pure oil), our fries were COLD & it was super loud & crowded...not very fun at all. I left feeling sick even though I didn't even eat half of my meal. Not going here again.
We've been watching the Harry Potter movies and we just have 1 left to go! The second half of number 7!

Happy Father's Day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP