Long May Our Land Be Bright With Freedom's Holy Light

 Sunday, July 1, 2012

I love singing the patriotic hymns in church! I especially love this line in My Country Tis of Thee: "long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light." When I sang this part of the verse I became emotional because I was thinking about how the gospel brings light into our lives. I am so thankful we live in a country where we can worship Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ & celebrate the freedoms we have so we can live the gospel each day. Freedom truly does bring holy light, as does the gospel of Jesus Christ. In church today we sang America the Beautiful, My Country Tis of Thee, and The Star-Spangled Banner. We sang all the verses in every song. My heart just swells with pride to be an American. I have gratitude for the freedoms we enjoy. To celebrate a wonderful patriotic Sabbath Day, we wore patriotic colored outfits to church. We also made these extremely delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are totally worth making right this very second! I can't wait for our 4th of July festivities on Wednesday. Also, 1 year ago today on a Sunday we moved to Arizona...we've lived in Arizona for 1 year already! We survived the first summer & are trying to beat the heat during this second summer. We love the winters here though & can't wait for the holidays & cooler weather. Happy Patriotic Sunday to yall! 
Oatmeal Chip Cookies Recipe
recipe here
p.s. go to the 1 Year Weekend Celebration post to see another cute gift I made for James for our anniversary. I just updated the post with the pictures & description. Go here to see that & scroll down to the bottom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP