Arizona State Fair

 Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Saturday James and I went to the Arizona State Fair! We went with Than & Ixchel and had a blast eating Fair food, riding the Ferris wheel, and petting the animals in the horticulture exhibit. This was my first time at a state fair. Unfortunately I never went to the Texas State Fair when I lived there. James has been to the Utah State Fair, but I didn't go to that either when I lived in Utah. The Fair was crowded, noisy, smelled of grease, and full of bright lights. Doesn't sound very fun, but we made it fun :) Ixchel and I even hid from our husbands in the horticulture exhibit and sneaked up on them (except James claims he knew we were hiding from them and following them the whole time). We couldn't stop giggling like a couple of little girls haha. We rode was one of the largest traveling Ferris wheels in the world. La Grande Wheel is 15 stories high! Here are some pictures to tell our story at the Fair.
 Lights
 Delish Navajo Tacos for me. It was a requirement for James to eat a smoked turkey leg!
 Navajo Tacos for Ixchel & smoked turkey leg (gone) for Than.
 Deep fried goodies. The Fairbanks had fried twinkies and I had fried Oreos.
 La Grande Wheel.
 Love him.
 Haha cute you guys.
 Haha Than's face in this one.
 At the top of the Ferris wheel.
 James and I kinda love Ferris wheels.
 Snapped this pic at the top of the Ferris Wheel.
 Oh you know, just petting a llama! They are so furry!
 James pets a cute baby goat.
Thanks goat for posing with me! 
The whole time I was at the Fair I couldn't stop thinking about the part in the kids movie Charlotte's Web when the rat, Templeton, sings about all the "good" food at the Fair. fair is a veritable smorgasbord! This video brings back childhood memories! 


After the Fair we saw the movie Chasing Mavericks. It was a really great movie, based on a true story about a California surfer who survived one of the biggest waves on earth. We really enjoyed this movie! We recommend it!
That was our Saturday for ya! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP