Photo Overload & Recipes

 Sunday, June 2, 2013

A photo overload to document our lives & some delicious recipes for y'all to try!

April
 Hailee & I at Jake's 30th Birthday Party (Jake is Hailee's hubby)
 Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory!
 The wives
The guys wishing Jake a happy birthday (Jake is on the bottom right)

May
 James became the treasurer for the Sigma Sigma Phi Honors Fraternity at Midwestern University. Here we are at the banquet honoring his membership.

Cim's Baby Shower!
I got her some cute blue boat shoes for baby Anderson Willis!
Baby shower guests minus a few that had to leave early. Cim is one popular lady!
 James & Jake celebrating the end of their 2nd year of medical school! (I was already in Texas)
 Celebrating our May birthdays at The Melting Pot (missing Nicole)
Whitney, Jenna, Me, Ixchel (Nicole couldn't make it, but she has a May birthday too. We all do except for Whit, she has an October birthday!)
I get to drive by this beautiful temple worksite on my way to work almost every day! The angel Moroni finally went on top! My coworker asked me what it was that he was holding, she couldn't figure out for the life of her. I told her that the angel is holding a trumpet!
 James is studying so hard for his boards exams he will take at the end of June. He is using two computers to study! So amazed at this guy's dedication.
Tried eggplant for the first time! It was homegrown in someone's garden (someone in our ward was giving them away for free). It was pretty good. On my momma's birthday & memorial day, I went to see The Great Gatsby by myself (James was studying like crazy that day). LOVED it. I watched one of Nana's favorite musicals, CATS for the first time. Really enjoyed the dancing in that! I also made James' favorite meal from scratch for the first time: Beef Stroganoff. Recipe on that later.
This just made me laugh after seeing The Great Gatsby.
My dad's incredible artwork in the LDS magazine the Friend.
 Downloaded these songs for my Running Playlist. I got this list from James' friend's famous blog The Hungry Runner Girl. I am trying to go running more often. Yesterday I ran 3.25 miles. Here's the treadmill plan I did that nearly killed me. I need to work up to this next time. I am proud of myself for not cheating or slowing down. I followed it exactly:
Steady-State Session from Shape Magazine
Time: 0-5 min  Warm Up (walk)  MPH 3-4
Time: 5-40 min Move at moderate intensity (run) MPH 6-7
Time: 40-45 min Cool down (walk) MPH 3-4
Total Time: 45 mins/calories burned 350+
Recipes
I have made this before in this post, but this time I used cream of chicken soup instead of cream cheese and added a little of my homemade salsa you can find in the post. I served it over tortilla chips. James & I LOVED it.
Also known as Crockpot Italian Chicken, but it is a better version of Alfredo sauce to me so I call it alfredo even though it's not technically alfredo.

I have made these twice now and we love them. Here's the post when I made them the first time.
Made this for James because it's his favorite meal!
SO easy to make, pretty darn healthy, tasty. The picture above looks weird but they tasted incredibly moist with a firm cookie form. How do I get the cookies to look more flat and cookie like the original picture?
I look forward to trying more healthy & delicious recipes!! Wish me luck on my running workouts & look for more pictures and updates to come!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP