we're good

 Monday, August 12, 2013

In case any of you were wondering...we're good! A peek into our lives lately...

---Relief Society Cupcake Decorating Activity---
I invited my coworker to come with me but she politely declined because her dinner plans were running late. The cupcakes were soo yummy. Use a cake mix, follow instructions, then add an additional 1/4 cup oil & 1/4 cup water. Pull out of the oven right when the tops start to turn golden. Pop them out of the pan as soon as you can without burning your fingers. Then once you can handle them, individually plastic wrap each cupcake to lock in the moisture. So.Good. My 24 cupcakes lasted over a week and were still completely moist & tasted fresh. I didn't even want to frost them anymore because they were so good plain. If you do choose to frost them, wait until they are cool & use a frosting that has equal parts butter & shortening. Amazing. Ixchel & I had fun experimenting with the decorating. Here are some of my cupcake creations.
---Crafting---
I completed my first successful craft in years! The coffee filter wreath. Easy enough & cheap too! I followed Martha Stewart's tutorial here. Although the straw wreath is a few dollars cheaper, the straw gets everywhere when you are crafting & you have to vacuum after. Once the coffee filters are glued on & you hang it the straw does not shed so that's good! If you have a couple hours to make this wreath I totally recommend it. It's beautiful & it only took me two or three 42 minute episodes of Pretty Little Liars to make!
 new chevron pillowcase from Hobby Lobby & new wreath made by yours truly
 if only my walls weren't beige the wreath would stand out more. maybe a different color ribbon?
burned my middle finger BAD with the hot glue gun...I burn myself with the glue every time without fail!
---Amazon---
James bought a foam roller to work on his flexibility & keep him limber! He uses it when we watch The Big Bang Theory together. Awesome buy. Awesome tv show.
---Celebrate Good Times Come On---
We celebrated the end of boards & beginning of rotations with our group of friends by going to Red Robin for dinner. Yumm! Let's be honest...the best part about Red Robin is...
---Date Night---
Don't worry, James & I still have date night every Friday night! Last Friday we saw the new Wolverine movie. Gotta love it.
This past Friday night we went to the Westgate Entertainment District in Phoenix for dinner, see the fountains & shop. Tanger Outlets was recently built right next to Westgate so we checked those out too. We went to a restaurant called Yard House. The food seemed to have great potential, however my personal experience wasn't the greatest. I was told the mac-n-cheese was a house favorite. I was not impressed. In fact I was extremely irritated & disappointed that I spent $12 on a half-size portion that was filled with mushrooms (I requested no mushrooms but still had them), & truffle oil greasy bacon chicken cheese noodle crap. James had the Korean tacos & they were actually really good. So he enjoyed his meal, but I did not, and the crazy loud music & sports bar atmosphere did not suit my taste for an evening out on the town. Oh well. The fountains were pretty though! After Westgate & Tanger Outlets we headed home for some ice cream & watched the movie Snitch. It was pretty intriguing for a movie with The Rock Dwayne Johnson in it & it was based on a true story!
he's thrilled to be taking pictures...as always!
---Friend Time---
Enjoyed the new Disney movie Planes with our friends the Killpacks, the Edwards, and the Battys! Paradise Bakery for dinner after made for a great Saturday date night as well! 
This is my favorite Paradise salad. Avocado Chopped Chicken.
---Getting My Fit On---
Still trying to eat healthy & exercise....some days are better than others. As of today I'm trying a new eating plan...I will keep you posted.
p.s. AMAZING NEWS: My sister-in-law (James' sister) Danielle got her mission call! She will be serving in the Washington D.C. mission at the visitor's center by the gorgeous temple! She leaves in September & I couldn't be more proud of her! So excited!

1 comments:

Kara August 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM  

Sounds like you've been busy! Misti and I have been on quite a crafting spree too! That's exciting about James' sister! We'll actually be going down to DC probably end of September so we'll have to say hi to his sis for you cuz we're planning a trip to the temple!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP