winter in arizona

 Sunday, January 26, 2014

We LOVE Arizona winters. We wish we had time to take advantage of the weather and do more outside activities. But here's what we have been up to lately:
James started a family medicine rotation with a doctor in our ward! The rotation was set up by chance when James asked for a closer rotation because he was sick of driving 45 minutes away to Mesa every single day and night. Now he only drives 7 miles away and works 8:30-4:30. It's been soooo nice. He has made dinner every night for the past two weeks, been to the grocery store several times, and spent lots of time with me. What is this? Only the best rotation to spend time together we've had yet!...too bad James isn't interested in making family medicine his career. 
 He sends me these pictures throughout the day to cheer me up while I am working my brains out either at work or doing homework for my online classes. Yes, I am currently working on achieving my bachelor's in marriage & family studies through BYU-Idaho online. Working 30 hours and taking 12 credits equal to me having zero time to even remember to feed myself. Hence James making dinner every night. Thanks babe! Hopefully I can get used to my new schedule so that I can be the supportive wife for him when he starts his harder rotation in 2 weeks...cardiology in downtown Phoenix.
Last Friday we were finally able to get together with our close friends after everyone being gone for the holidays. 
Here's everyone accept the Battys. Their girl Claire got a fever at the last second and they weren't able to make it, but Whitney did drop by her delicious Cafe Rio style chicken! Thanks Whit! We missed yall!
Me, James, Taylee (bottom), Nicole, Chad, Than, Rex (top), Ixchel, Eliza (top), Jenna, and baby Isaac
Yesterday we were able to attend the Gilbert Temple Open House. It is one of the most gorgeous temples I have ever seen. We went with our best friends Than & Ixchel and had a blast. Rex is so grown up now! He's not even 2 yet and he knows my name, says it multiple times, and started saying James' name too. After the temple we made Korean food from scratch and it was so good. 
We love them.
 Here's what we saw when we walked out of the temple. Perfect temple, perfect weather, perfect sky. 
This is why we love Arizona winters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP