Family Staycation & Happy New Year 2015!

 Thursday, January 1, 2015

December 29
First of all, how do you like our nails? I took Nana to get her first ever manicure! We're feeling pretty classy! Hers are a light light pink and mine are gray, gold, and pink even though it looks purple from the light!
My family and I started our staycation by going to the Galleria mall in Dallas. The Christmas tree in the middle of the ice skating rink was glorious!
We went to Saltgrass for dinner...never disappoints.
Then we relaxed at the hotel and ate chocolate!
December 30
Breakfast at Benedict's! Everything there was delicious! 

 
Mom and Pi and I went shopping at Marshalls then headed to the movie theater. The boys saw The Hobbit (3) in IMAX and the girls saw Into the Woods. We loved it!
We checked into another super nice hotel in Richardson and then headed to Twisted Root Burger Company featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives! Their burgers are amazing, but I'm not ashamed to say that I loved their cookie dough & brownie shake the most!
We watched movies in the hotel room & had a great night!
December 31
Went to Crossroads Diner. If you are ever in Dallas you HAVE to go here. Your life isn't complete until you've tasted the heavenly cinnamon sticky bun! Everything there was scrumptious but that is my fav!
 
These pictures are so funny. This is what happens when you  move during a panoramic photo!
 Dad gets 3 noses
Peter gets 5 faces, and I become the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz!
Next we saw the Christmas displays at Neiman Marcus in downtown Dallas. Piper & I felt so regal in these furs & in the fancy women's lounge!
Dad snapped this picture for us
Then we went to Barnes and Noble because that is one of my favorite places to explore.
We came home to relax before going to Nana & Grandpa's house for the New Year's Eve soirée! 
This is a party I look forward to every year! We have Lays chips & veggies with onion dip, cheeseball & crackers, shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, rolls with turkey, cheese, & roast beef, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, Swedish almond cookies, oatmeal cookies, fudge, hot chocolate brownies, fruit "cake" (more like a candy), and chocolate truffles! Whew. It was all so worth it!
Then we watched our New Year's Eve tradition: What's Up Doc? Seriously crying during this movie it's so funny!
After the movie we spent hours talking & I got to record my nana & gramps for family history. We toasted with Martinelli's at midnight and wished everyone a Happy New Year!
 
James was sleepy. 
January 1, 2015
I totally ate healthy foods and exercised today! Then my family and I saw the amazing movie Unbroken. This true story is so inspiring. Probably my favorite movie of 2014 even though I saw it in 2015. 
We went out for Chinese food, a New Year's Day family tradition. Golden Moon buffet was pretty good (gotta go when they bring out the fresh food at 5pm)!
 
More distorted panoramic photos. 
 
 
Happy New Year! Love, The Chapmans 2015

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP