My First Verve Dance Residency

 Sunday, August 19, 2012

Here was my week this past week: Dance Residency & work & a date w/ James on Saturday.
Definition of dance residency for Verve dance company: A guest artist dance residency is when guest artists come from out of town to teach classes and set choreography on the VERVE dancers. This all happens in one week: dancers learn the work, you clean the work, you work on artistry, staging and performance. This is an incredibly intensive week and all dancers must be at the residency during the entirety of the week. 
We had the opportunity to learn from guest artist Emily Schoen from Keigwin & Co. from NYC. The schedule for this past week: Monday through Friday, free master class for anyone 10-11, then Verve rehearsal from 11-3:30. 
I got so many bruises & scrapes & floor burns. I was sore for days. We learned a 6 1/2 minute long dance. 
My dance partner Dominique aka Dom for short!

Brian, Stella, Marbe, Sara, Mary, Alexus, Emily Schoen, Janey, Me, Alainia, Johnny, Urian, Kayley, Celia, Alejandra, Amanda, Alexa, Amy, Denise, & Dominique.
After dance rehearsal each day, I would rush to work, sweaty & exhausted, to work for 2 hours at the bank, then go home. It was a nightmare driving 16.1 miles in traffic with only 30 minutes to get to work on time. Every day for 5 days. Saturday I worked 8:30 to 2:30 and then James & I had a special celebration date.
Read about that in my next post :)
Yay for Verve Dance Co!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP