General Conference Weekend

 Sunday, October 7, 2012

It's that time of year again! James and I enjoyed watching General Conference this weekend. We made cinnamon rolls and snacked on M&M's (my childhood tradition) while we listened to the words of the prophets. Of course I have too many favorite talks to name here, but let me just say four things I loved about this conference:
1. Young men who have graduated high school and are able and worthy may now serve a mission at age 18 and young women who are worthy can serve at age 19! 
~President Thomas S. Monson
2. I am a Mormon! I know it! I live it! I love it! 
~ Anne M. Dibb
3. "Lovest thou me?" "Yea Lord, thou knowest that I love thee." "Do you love me?" "Yea Lord, we do love thee." 
~Jeffrey R. Holland
4. "Stop the boys on the bikes!" "Ask the missionaries! They can help you!" 
~Russell M. Nelson
Ann Dibb October 2012 Talk:  I'm a Mormon.  I know it, I live it, I love it.
The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior and Redeemer. President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is true. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was and is restored to the earth by the prophet Joseph Smith. To watch conference or learn more about the church, please visit www.lds.org or www.mormon.org
For tonight's dinner I cooked Easy Crockpot Mexican Chicken. It was yum!
Directions:
Put frozen chicken in the crock pot (I used 3 boneless chicken breasts)
Put 1 8oz pkg Cream cheese on top of the chicken.
Dump in 1 can Black Beans (make sure they are drained & rinsed!!!)
Dump in 1 can drained corn.
Dump in 1 can Rotel.
Cover & cook in your Crock Pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Every 2 hours, I stir the ingredients.
You can shred the chicken when it is done, or just leave it as tenderloins.
I served it with rice and tortilla chips. (I poured mixture on top of rice and blended it together, then used tortilla chips to dip it up. James just crushed the tortilla chips on top and ate it like a taco salad.)

Happy General Conference to everyone! James and I are looking forward to this "holiday" next April!

1 comments:

Joey W October 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM  

Ahhh! General Conference was seriously, the BEST! All of the talks were amazing, and I especially loved Elder Holland's. So powerful! Haha and we had cinnamon rolls too :) Aww I really miss you guys! We'll definitely talk more now that my Facebook and stuff are gone!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP