Cookie Monster

 Sunday, March 24, 2013

I am a cookie monster.

I will eat cookies like they are nobody's business.
Especially if they are chocolate chip.
Last week, at work, my manager brought in a platter of cookies from the Safeway bakery. I devoured about 6 of them in one day. There were some left over the next day- I ate 3 more. Then I took 5 of them home. Yeah, it's a problem.
So, I decided to give this awesome recipe a try that I found on Pinterest, from Baker Girl.
Chocolate Chip Cookies for 2
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
A pinch of cinnamon
2 tablespoons shortening
2 tablespoons brown sugar 
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon beaten egg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix together the shortening, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the tablespoon of beaten egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Roll dough into four cookie balls and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet (you can also bake them in two lightly greased tart pans, a muffin top pan, cupcake pan, whatever you desire). Flatten them slightly with your hand. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 4 chocolate chip cookies. 
Mine looked like this:
And they were delicious and perfect portions. I put some Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream on top and served it to James while he was in the second bedroom studying for his test tomorrow morning. He was quite appreciative considering they are a combo of my favorite and his favorite desserts. Yay! I'm so glad these turned out. This is perfect for portion control (just don't add all the ice cream and chocolate sauce like I did).
I also know another cookie monster who is way cuter than me. His name is Rex. I know I have blogged about him before. He is the son of Ixchel & Than Fairbanks, our very close friends here in Arizona. The other day, Ixchel called me "Aunt Chelsea." I feel so honored! A couple weekends ago I celebrated Rex's 1st Birthday with him & his family! Ixchel did an amazing job with the party decorations. Guess what the theme was? Cookie Monster! Well, Milk & Cookies with Cookie Monster. I was privileged to make 50+ chocolate chip cookies for Rex's guests. I received several compliments & I know that Rex loved them because he was eating so many of them! Who knew a little guy could eat that many cookies and enjoy cake and frosting too? Here are a few of my pics from the party as well as Ixchel's pictures taken by her brother-in-law.
I love this little guy so much! Happy 1st Birthday Rex!




3 comments:

Unknown March 25, 2013 at 12:01 AM  

That was such a cute post! I loved all the cute pictures you uploaded and ps the cookies you made for his party were to DIE for! Best cookie maker in the world right there ����thanks again ��
I'm definitely gonna have to try to make this new recipe. I promise ill follow your instructions carefully (unlike other times I haven't and failed miserably ��

Kara March 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM  

What a cute theme for the party and love those cupcakes! So yah I think I have the same problem too haha. I really only like chocolate chip cookies or the double fudge chocolate chip cookies....and since we stay at a lot of hotels w/keith's work well a lot of them have free cookies and I gain like 5 lbs from that hotel. So I feel your pain girl haha!

Brielle Story April 4, 2013 at 7:19 AM  

I died! Those pictures of him eating the cake are precious!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP