E is for Easter

 Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter came and went so quickly this year. Sunday was a beautiful day, filled with great lessons and talks about the Savior and His resurrection. I was truly edified by the Spirit that I felt. I wanted to come home and eat a nice Easter meal, but James really needed to study for his test the next day. So we compromised and decided to have our Easter feast on Monday, after his test, and it was luckily my day off so I was able to truly cook a feast. Here are the pictures to prove that I really did cook a homemade Easter feast just for two!
 Eating our first holiday meal in our second home (apartment).

 Loaded the easter eggs with 50% off Easter candy since we celebrated on Monday...score!
 Homemade scalloped potatoes.
 Rhodes Dinner Rolls...not quite homemade but taste pretty darn close. (Piper I ate like 4 that day)
 Cranberry, Apple, Strawberry Salad
 Grilled Tilapia with a lemon sauce & almonds. Oven cooked asparagus garnished with fresh tomatoes & parmesan cheese.
Marshmallow Reeses Brownies...umm YUMMM! (not my pic but I got the recipe from Pinterest here
 Love this boy.
 Love this simple printable for a centerpiece.
 Our Easter baskets this year are the same as last year, but with different candy & gifts. I gave James a box of Rembrandt teeth whitening strips (he wants to use them for rotations for a whiter, brighter, smile) and I got sunless self tanner that I've heard amazing reviews about. I used it yesterday for the first time and LOVE it.
 James was all excited :)
so was I :)
Happy Easter everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP