Vibe features Fusion

 Sunday, April 28, 2013

This past Friday I had the privilege to see my first choreographic work be performed in a professional dance company show (Verve Dance Company's show VIBE). It was also my dance practicum--my final senior project and the end to my college dancing experience! Everything dance related I have learned and worked for in college was rewarded by this performance of my piece titled Fusion. The title for this dance can be explained in this sentence: "From competitive drill team to the performing arts, this is my journey through dance." I was very pleased with my dancers' hard work and smiling performance of my choreography. Now I know the true experience of what it means to be a choreographer and teacher and will be a little bit more prepared for my future career as a dance instructor.
Do you see my name? In the middle of line 6! I'm a choreographer!
Here are just a few of the requirements to create my final project:
-choreograph a 5-7 min. work
-create a contract for all dancers
-create and submit a Project Proposal
-create or select Music Score to support the choreographic work
-create a Film Project for documentation of the choreographic work
-draft a Light Plot and supporting documentation
-create a Lighting Design and implement writing cues
-set and submit a Production Schedule for the following:
-Rehearsal Schedule
                       -Production Schedule: Costumes, Sets, Props
                       -Marketing Schedule: Press Release, Publicity, Social Media, Program Notes
                       -Technical Schedule (to adhere with GCC Dance Production Schedule)
                       -Dress Rehearsal Schedule (to adhere with GCC Dance Production Schedule)
                       -Performance Schedule (to adhere with GCC Dance Performance Schedule)
-Submit a detailed evaluation and essay of all production elements
-Create and submit a professional Portfolio

I am so glad that I have accomplished all of this and will be graduating with my Associates of Fine Arts-Dance in May!
I am also so incredibly thankful to my amazing and talented brother, Chandler Fakkel, for providing and creating part of the Music Score for Fusion! Thanks Chan! Your talent is amazing. To hear Chandler's songs and music, visit here.
Thank you to my dance teacher and director Ms. Andrea Hashim for teaching and inspiring me. Thanks to my dancers and friends Sara Alejandra, Kayley, and Celia for performing my choreographic work. Thank you to my best friends Ixchel, Nicole, and Jenna for coming to support me at the show. And thank you to my sweet, supportive hubby James for loving me and my dance!
Sara is my good friend and was a dancer in my piece Fusion.
 This is Ms. Andrea Hashim whom I admire and adore.
 My bffs! Ixchel, Nicole, & Jenna. Thanks for the roses ladies!
Sweet James!
You can watch the dress rehearsal video (the performance night's show was way better with no mistakes!) of my choreographic work Fusion here:


1 comments:

Kara April 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM  

Way to go Chels! What an awesome accomplishment! And Congrats on graduating next month too!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP