Date Night For My Favorite Guy

 Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On September 27th James and I changed up our typical date night by going to all the places James wants to go for date night and I'm always just "not in the mood." Well I was feeling lots of love for my sweet, hard-working hubby & decided we should finally go to these places! 

First we went to the Nike store at the Tanger Outlets so James could pick out some new Nike shoes because his old ones were completely worn down. Thanks to Momma Chapman's Christmas money from last year, James purchased these awesome running shoes. They are Nike Lunar Forever 2 style.
James is always asking me to go to Cracker Barrel because he's never been...I was in the mood to look at the country store they have there so I consented & actually felt like trying their food again (last time I went I did not like their pancakes because they were burned). I'm so glad we did because we had a wonderful experience! 
 James wants to hunt an elk & mount the head on our wall when we have a house...I'm not a fan of the idea but maybe for his mancave/office? Only if it looks elegant like this picture from Pinterest:
We played this fun game while waiting for our food & James totally solved the puzzle! According to the triangular board, he is a "genuis."
James ate the country fried steak with macaroni & cheese, steak fries, & mashed potatoes & gravy. I ate a (healthier) dish of buttermilk oven fried chicken breast with steamed broccoli & mashed potatoes & gravy. I ate the biscuits & corn muffins too....haha. It was very very tasty!
Then we explored the country store. I loved to smell the pumpkin candles! Oh and the Christmas display was beautiful. I just wanted to yell "it's almost Christmas!!!!!" in the store haha. It reminded me of the Old Country Store I grew up with in Massachusetts. 
Next we headed to Cabela's, because again, James always wants to go and I always say no. This time I said yes! I actually really enjoyed myself. We liked looking at the displays of animals, particularly the Canyon Country Wildlife Museum. 
 James was very knowledgeable and taught me about hunting, guns, animals, taxidermy, and other interesting facts. I know my uncle Keith loves Cabela's so the only thing that would make this visit to Cabela's more enjoyable was if it was a double date with Keith & Kara! 
This picture is for my sisters-in-law Danielle & Marissa...*WHAT DOES A FOX SAY!?!* hahahahaha
This picture doesn't have anything to do with the date other than I am so happy they are building a temple so close to our house because I love going with James and I know that we are sealed together for eternity in the House of the Lord. Oh and I love the Arizona sunsets. 



2 comments:

Kara October 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM  

Haha you sound like me, Keith always wants to go to Cabelas and I never do, but it's right next to Platos so I just shop while he explores Cabelas. Yes, a double date with you two there would make Cabelas so much more enjoyable! Was that the one in Utah? Loved seeing you last weekend!

Chelsea October 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM  

Kara, no it was a Cabela's in Arizona in Glendale!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP