A Wedding, General Conference, A Funeral, All in the Fall of Utah

 Thursday, October 10, 2013

Friday October 4th
Mom & I were on the same flight from Phoenix to Salt Lake & sat by each other. We rented a car and headed to the Sonic drive-thru for breakfast toaster sandwiches. We went to Provo Towne Centre where we saw the most hilarious movie ever: Austenland. Please read the book and please see the movie. We absolutely loved it. 
We shopped around the mall for a bit, went to Cherry Lane Boutique in Provo where I got this cute top for only $10, then picked up Pete at his apartment to go to lunch.
Where did we go? Red Robin of course! Red Robin...Yummm!
No we did not plan to match our shirts. We are just cool like that.
Then we headed to my in-laws house in Orem to get ready for my uncle Chad's wedding (my mom's side). When we arrived at the church we found out that it was an old historic church building from the 1800s, how sweet is that? It was soo good to see everyone there. I am so happy for my uncle Chad & his new bride Emma. The professional looking pictures are courtesy of my aunt Shiree, the photographer. The nice looking but unprofessional pictures are the ones I took. 
Holding aunt Shae's baby Malia
The Lewis Family minus a few....ok minus a lot haha.
The sisters with their new sister-in-law. (missing a few sisters)
our table: uncle daren, aunt kara & uncle keith, bff joey & joey's sister rachel, me, mom, pete.
dancing the macarena. i look so serious.
teaching my handsome brother peter to cha-cha
the newlyweds. yes i am staring at them creepily in the background.
 I loved Emma's dress & her bouquet!
 friends reunited! so happy joey could come & brought his awesome sister rachel.
 Ham & Cheese.
 The oldest & youngest of the cousins. Chelsea & Aiden. 
 These girls are so cute & such good dancers!
 My lovelies. It's hard to believe they are my aunts when we are all so close in age. Love you Kara, Misti & Shae! 
 Here I am with Aiden again. 
 And Malia. So sweet. Now I think the only cousin I haven't met yet is Tyson...
 Uncle Daren & Pete. Best friends.Sorry the picture is blurry. I snapped like 5 pics and they were all blurry.
 Pete walking out of the awesome church building. 
1898!
The wedding was a lot of fun. It was interesting to see the ceremony performed in Spanish. I loved seeing everyone and holding babies and dancing like crazy.

Saturday October 5th
Mom & I got up to go to breakfast at Kneaders because she has never been. Ohh my goodness she absolutely LOVED the all you can eat french toast. Of course she did, I knew she would because I LOVE it so much. I will have to learn to make those for General Conference every year & make it a tradition. 
We watched General Conference with my in-laws  until Mom had to leave. 
When the boys went to Priesthood session, Momma Chapman & Marissa & I had a girl's night! We went to Seagull Book, Deseret Book, & Yogurtland. Marissa & I LOVE Yogurtland, and I hear Danielle does too. I had the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie flavor. It was heavenly. 
Then we watched The Little Mermaid because that movie is awesome.
Sunday, October 6th
More excellent General Conference. One of my favorite talks was from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. Here are some of my favorite quotes from his talk. 
Hear this talk.
The boys fell asleep for part of conference while Marissa & I colored together as we watched conference.
For lunch Marissa & I made these delicious crispy chicken fingers. It was her idea & I'm so glad too because they were very tasty. Get the recipe from here.
Jason arrived with James that night and we were so glad to see them both. 
Monday October 7th
The funeral for James' grandpa, Keith Johnson Chapman was wonderful. You can read his obituary here. There was a viewing, then the funeral, then the graveside service, and then a luncheon. It was hard to see James & the family members so emotional. It was a blessing that Grandpa Chapman passed & Grandma Chapman was so strong. The children & grandchildren sang I Am a Child of God. I am thankful I was able to attend and be with my family. I know that families are together forever. These pictures are courtesy of Momma Chapman & my brother-in-law Jason. 
 Grandma Chapman has the flag on her lap.
 The sons of Keith Chapman. My father-in-law Todd is standing second from the left.
 I love this picture of Dad & Marissa with the Manti temple in the background.
 Wonderful picture of my in-laws.
 Beautiful day of peace & rest. ♫ This hymn comes to mind.
 Marissa loved holding her baby cousin Brooklyn. 
 So did James.
I found this picture of the Utah mountains on Instagram, but I had to put it on here because this is how it looked while we were up there. God is Creator of All. He created the beautiful mountains and he created us. He has a Plan of Salvation for us all. We can be together as families for all eternity when we are sealed in the temple of the Lord. I know we will be with Grandpa Chapman again. To learn more about the Plan of Salvation and Eternal Families visit  here and here.
It was a very wonderful weekend. 




1 comments:

Kara October 10, 2013 at 4:25 PM  

Such a fun weekend! Seriously so glad you and your mom were able to make it. I laughed at your caption "Lewis family minus a few....ok minus a lot" haha yeah there was over 20 or so that still weren't there including grandkids and in-laws. Oh the good times we've had. I love that picture of all of us girls. It's funny to look back on pics of us at like 11, 12 and then compare them to now. Dancing with everyone was a blast!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP