my 2 DIY crafts

 Sunday, October 20, 2013

I recently finished two DIY (Do It Yourself) projects and I am pretty pleased with how they turned out:
Candy Corn Wreath 
Materials Needed:
-Styrofoam wreath form
-2 bags of candy corn
-hot glue gun/sticks
-orange or black ribbon
-modge podge 
-optional: black tape
Instructions: Wrap black tape around wreath form before you start gluing the candy corn to give the wreath a black background instead of the plain white or green of your Styrofoam (I skipped this step because I didn't care but next time I think I will do this). Hot glue each candy corn piece in a line around the wreath and alternate the candy corn direction. Modge podge the whole wreath (it left some drips of modge podge glue on it so it looks kind of like marshmallow fluff sticking to it if that makes any sense. To avoid that I'm sure you could probably use hair spray or some other clear acrylic sealant spray). Once that dries, wrap the ribbon from the top and hang on your door! This took me about an hour to complete.  
Filing Cabinet Makeover
Materials Needed: 
-old ugly filing cabinet
-1 can of spray paint any color you wish, I used brown
-a few pieces of scrapbook paper, any design you wish
-scissors
-modge podge
Instructions: Spray paint filing cabinet. You can remove the drawers first if you want but I didn't do that and it turned out fine. Let it dry for at least 30 mins (I waited at least 1 hour). Cut scrapbook paper with scissors to fit the top of the cabinet & the front of the drawers. Modge podge the paper onto the cabinet. Voila!
Before:
After:
Top:
Side:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP