A Night in Scottsdale

 Sunday, November 10, 2013

For date night James and I headed to Scottsdale to check out the Canal Convergence Water + Art + Light Festival. We walked around, held hands, saw the pretty lights, then walked to where the food trucks were set up! (More on that later) For more info about the festival we went to (because I can't really explain what it is) you can visit here or watch this video from last year's festival. 
The first thing we saw was this guy creating art right before our eyes on some kind of material that reminded me of plastic wrap. It just happened to be Graffiti art- the kind of art my brother Chandler is super good at. This picture is for you Chan!
Here I am posing with the art & listening to the live music.
Water + Art + Light Festival Agenda
So happy to be together after a long week of James being gone for rotations.
 Here we are looking at the cool lights!
 A nice man offered to take our picture for us. Thank you kind man!
Looks like Christmas even though it's only November and 70+ degrees outside.
 The lights changed colors but we loved the neon lights the best.
Food truck time! Being a first-timer with the whole food truck concept, I quickly discovered that even if you are only the 6th order in line, it takes 30+ minutes just for one cheeseburger. Oh man was I starving and being the not-so-very-patient lady I am, I was a little miffed that my $8 burger took forever to cook and my 30-min-wait-of-a-burger was devoured in 30 seconds or less (and I shared with James because he waited in line for the order to be done while I sat and saved us seats).
Finally have the burger in hand (James captured the ambiance perfectly, don't you think?)
 Yeah that happy picture quickly turned into this picture of me inhaling this burger. It was good indeed.
If you are wondering where this burger came from, you can check out Grilled Addiction food truck.
(photo courtesy of Grilled Addiction facebook page)
James and I quickly realized we would need some more food pronto! The incredibly long line for the gourmet hot dog food truck seemed like nothing compared to the wait for that first burger. We ordered The Maine Squeeze hot dog from Frank. food truck: Chipotle lobster Mac n cheese, toasted panko bread crumb, lemon zest gremolata on a 100% beef hot dog in a pretzel bun.
(This picture is from their facebook page)
We LOVED it. We would try everything on their menu if we could.
Next stop: ICE CREAM! Super Farm Super Truck featuring Udder Delights ice cream: cutest ice cream truck! I fell in love with their Superfarm flavor which is chocolate with hazelnut and a bunch of other goodness. By the time I finished my dessert I had forgotten all about the long wait for my burger!
James and I headed home to watch World War Z that we picked up at Redbox.
 We actually really liked it! Would we watch it again? Probably not. Was it suspenseful and kind of intriguing? Yes it was. Therefore, we liked it! 
I'm so glad we were able to spend time together doing something we haven't ever done together. It was so great to just walk outside, enjoy life & art, eat yummy food, and be in love! Until next weekend <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP