September Summaries & Tellings of Tulsa

 Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 5th
 Shopping with Nana was a real treat! She bought Piper and I each a new dress!
 And took us out for lunch at Cheesecake Factory. We splurged & had the white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake. Um, YUM!
September 6th
James road-tripped to his next rotation and stopped in St. Louis at this Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives place called HWY 61 Roadhouse & Kitchen
September 13th
After 70 days apart, James and I were reunited! Although James was in Joplin, Missouri for rotations, he drove 2 hours to Tulsa to meet me at the Tulsa airport that night. Hugging him was the best thing in the world; I did not want to let go. Our reunion was super sweet. We spent the night in Tulsa so we could go exploring the next morning. 
September 14th
In preparation for this trip we had made reservations to have Sunday brunch at...
This experience was magical.
We dressed fancy for this expensive & very necessary occasion. We died over the gourmet waffle bar & the omelet bar. We gasped at the ice sculpture & the shrimp, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, salads, pastas, desserts, and fresh fruit galore!
We looked out the window and decided to walk around as we saw the most gorgeous garden...
That was an understatement.
Acres & acres of beauty.
Oh did I mention that the restaurant was added on to the 100-year-old-mansion-turned-art museum? This humongous house belonged to Mr. Phillips who was in the oil business, as in, Phillips 66 gas stations. Yeah, that's the one. His home was a dream to walk through and exploring the gardens was oh so romantic. I was so in love just being there with my sweet hubby and soaking in the perfect Sunday sun. We had to leave soon for church so we hurriedly looked at the different pieces of art displayed in the mansion/art museum. I didn't want to leave!
 This is my beloved Calvin Klein dress that Nana bought me. 
I felt like a million bucks in it, so thanks Nana!
"Temple of Love"
One of the many rooms in the mansion.
 James wanted this cow painting
 Pretty stained glass & lots of religious artwork, so it felt more Sunday appropriate than you'd think!
 I swore that my Nana & Gramps had this same painting in their house...
I checked. It's not the same, but it's very similar!
 Reminded me of the sacred grove.
 Thought of Dad painting something similar for Mom
 Thought of Dad because he loves ocean scenes
 In touch with my New England roots
 Thought of James' future study in our dream home.
We went to church in Tulsa attending the New Haven ward. I was so happy to attend church I wanted to take a picture but the sun wouldn't let us!
 James drove me to the hospital where he did his Tulsa rotation back in May. 
 After all the food we ate at brunch I still craved Braum's ice cream because there's one on every corner in Oklahoma. (Nans & Gramps, this was a double brownie chocolate fudge sundae with cookie dough ice cream! James got a Reeses & cookie dough shake.)
 We explored the neighborhoods of Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bixby, and Owasso.
It wasn't until we were exiting these neighborhoods to drive to Dallas that we found a house similar to our dream home. White picket fence, decent size house, a little red barn, (all it was missing was a natural pool area to swim in). 
 Oh and they had horses in the front yard.
The 4 hour drive to Dallas wasn't too bad, especially since I was riding with my sweetheart the whole way.
September 15th
I cherished every moment I had with James even though I started the fall semester and I had plenty of homework to do and a job to get to so I could make some money after our mini  weekend vacation together!
September 16th
We went to Sweet Frog frozen yogurt, the best fro-yo around!
James left for Joplin that same day because he was scheduled to work the next day :( Another 23 days until I see him next.
September 17th
Preston, my brother-in-law, entered the Missionary Training Center as Elder Chapman! So proud.
September 21st
Happy Peace Day! We decided to surprise Piper by making her favorite cake with a peace symbol sprinkled in cocoa powder because we call her our "peace." Pi, piece of Pi, Peace, she has the best nicknames! She didn't realize until I took this photo that she had the peace symbol on her shirt too!
September 22nd
Happy First Day of Autumn!
We find any reason to celebrate haha. Mom, Pi, & I went fall shopping at Watters Creek. Several boutiques later, we settled on purchases from Altar'd State and Charming Charlie! The autumn squash soup and lunch at Panera Bread completed this Girl's Fall Shopping Extravaganza!
 Piper's shoes she got from Charming Charlie. 
I want them for myself. Good thing we are the same shoe size...
September 24th
I went to the temple with my Dad. Such peace was felt there, I'm so glad we went!
September 27th
Enjoyed the General Women's Meeting with my mom and sister and loved the inspiration I received while watching it!
That concludes this post on our September summaries and tellings of Tulsa!
Here's one last & very favorite picture for you of my romantic weekend
with the love of my life!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP