New Jersey, Preston's Farewell in Utah, & Philly

 Wednesday, September 3, 2014

James has been rotating in Vineland, New Jersey for the past couple weeks. While there he drove to Philly to meet up with our good friend Jake at a baseball game. The Phillies played the Cardinals at Citizen's Bank Park on August 23. 
The ER in Vineland.
James said it was way fun catching up with Jake!
James said the church he went to in Philly is in Preston's (his brother) mission!
On a completely random note, James and I have been trying new Lay's potato chips! My absolute favorite are the bacon mac-n-cheese flavor. He likes the jalapeno cheddar. What's your pick? 
Oh and this boy is so regal.
This past weekend I went up to Utah for Preston's mission farewell. He gave an amazing talk and I'm so proud of him! He will be a wonderful missionary. He leaves on September 17 and will be serving in Philadelphia and other areas. So James has explored quite a bit of his mission before Preston has even left! I loved every minute spending time with my in-laws. We all wished James could have come as well, but unfortunately there are no vacations from medical school. I arrived in Utah on Thursday, went shopping with my mother-in-law, ate some yummy food and watched The Lego Movie with Marissa.
 Friday morning Peter and I went out for breakfast with Preston at Kneaders. Their french toast is heavenly.
 Later that day Preston had an In-N-Out craving, so we went there...then the three of us also went to the BYU Creamery specifically for my grilled ham & cheese sandwich and a brownie. Good times. We also watched the movie The Saratov Approach about the two missionaries who were kidnapped. I actually really enjoyed the movie even though it is based on a true story. I'm so glad they were ok in the end!
 Saturday we spent the day cooking and baking up a storm! This picture was taken around 8am that morning...my MIL baked a whole Texas sheet cake by 6am and about 100 cookies too. Then she started making spice bars, and I set to work making salsa.
 I loved making salsa in this practically new Cuisinart my MIL bought at a yard sale for $5!
 Oh and Peter was an amazing chef chopper. Loved that he was there!
 This is Preston on top of the roof killing a hornet's nest!
 That night we were exhausted from cooking and baking so much in preparation for Sunday so I went out for dinner with Peter, Preston, and Marissa to Mama Chu's authentic Mexican restaurant. My burrito hit the spot. 
After a wonderful farewell talk given by Preston on Sunday morning, we feasted on the food prepared the day before. The weather was beautiful and perfect and the food so tasty. We had 3 tables filled with pulled-pork in a huge crock pot, buns galore, 5 different kinds of chips, potato salad, pasta salad, caesar salad, baked beans, red & green grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, raspberries (all from the garden), salsa & tortilla chips, jicama, cucumbers, tomatoes, cookies, Texas sheet cake, and spice bars. I probably left some food out but that's all I can remember. We all fell in love with the kitty that Grandpa Keel brought with him. We think it's a girl kitty?
 The kitty loved Peter.
 Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur...
 Happy kitty
 Sleepy kitty
 Purr Purr Purr! (haha James knows this song from the show The Big Bang Theory!)
 It's kind of hard to see but Preston the missionary-to-be is holding the kitt-y! Yes I am a rhymer.
 So.Precious.
 So.Tiny.
 James' brothers Steven, Preston, Jason, and Natalie (Jason's fiancee) and me
 My mother-in-law Brenda with Jason. Cute mother-son candid photo.
 Here are the kids with Mom & Dad Chapman minus James, Spencer (he took off early) and Danielle who is on a mission in D.C. Me, Natalie, Jason, Steven, Preston, Dad, Mike & Holly, Marissa, and Mom.
 Here is the group photo we took at the very end but several guests already left. Love the kiddos in front!
Marissa sure looks cute holding that cutie kitty.
Monday I left for home and enjoyed Labor Day with my family. We had a cookout with Nana & Grandpa and I ate more chips :)
Today James visited some cool spots in Philly.
He saw the Liberty Bell and visited Independence Hall.
 Where the Greats wrote signed the Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution, and the Articles of Confederation.
 One of the original copies of the Declaration.
 Fancy writing space.
 So historical looking.
 I love this shot from far away.
 While I was counting coin to customers at work, James sent me this picture as he visited the United States Mint where they make coin!
 Here is a shot of the bridge crossing the Delaware River. This was the view he had from PPL Park.
 He enjoyed a soccer game at PPL Park where Philadelphia Union played Toronto FC.
I miss my man, but I will see him in 10 days when I visit him in Tulsa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP