Much Love for Movies

 Saturday, February 4, 2012

I inherited a love for movies from my dad. Pretty much my whole side of the family are huge movie buffs. I love to unwind by watching movies or reading good books. I've been watching movies and reading books like crazy lately. James also loves movies and his favorite types of movies are those that have truth to them. I think it has something to do with his love for learning. 
Here are the movies we've watched recently (and by recently I mean the past two weeks): 

*Temple Grandin*

Than & Ixchel raved about this movie, so we borrowed it from the library (I LOVE the library because I get 2 of my favorite things, books and movies, for FREE). We LOVED this movie. It stars Claire Danes and she plays Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who overcame the limitations imposed on her by her condition to become a Ph.D. and expert in the field of animal husbandry. This movie of a true life story is amazing.

*The Bucket List*

This movie was cute, funny, and touching. It's about two men who have cancer and spend their remaining time doing incredible things on a bucket list that they've created. Morgan Freeman is in it so if anything, watch this to hear that epic voice of his.

*The Conspirator*

Here is the description that IMDB gives this movie: Mary Surratt is the lone female charged as a co-conspirator in the assassination trial of Abraham Lincoln. As the whole nation turns against her, she is forced to rely on her reluctant lawyer to uncover the truth and save her life. We really enjoyed this movie and I appreciated that it stars James McAvoy.

*Some Like it Hot*

Starring Marilyn Monroe! My brother in-law, Steven, who is now serving in the Alpine-German Speaking Mission, gave this movie to us for Christmas before he left for the MTC. He said he watched it in school and really liked it! We watched it and thought it was pretty funny. It's a comedy with Tony Curtis (who delivers a hilarious impression of Cary Grant in the movie) and Jack Lemmon. IMDB's description: When two musicians witness a mob hit, they flee the state in an all female band disguised as women, but further complications set in. Thanks Steven for this great movie!

*Rise of the Planet of the Apes*

We watched this last night during date night. James and I liked it, but I thought it was sad! I felt bad for the apes, for Caesar (the main character ape), for the biologist/scientist (James Franco), and for the father with Alzheimer's (John Lithgow). Overall I guess it was an interesting twist on how the planet of the apes was created. I enjoyed the Planet of the Apes movies, as did my dad, and I'm wondering how he felt about this movie. I will have to ask him soon while this movie is still fresh in my mind! 

Here are a few movies that are out or are coming out in the future that we want to see:
Poster art for "Man on a Ledge."Poster art for "Red Tails."Poster art for "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close."Poster art for "The Iron Lady."Poster art for "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol."Poster art for "We Bought a Zoo."Poster Art for "Hugo."Poster art for "New Year's Eve."Poster art for "Puss in Boots."Poster art for "The Secret World of Arriety."Teaser poster art for "The Lorax."Poster art for "Mirror Mirror."
Teaser Poster Art for "The Avengers."Poster art for "Men in Black III."Poster art for "Snow White and the Huntsman."Poster art for "The Amazing Spider-Man."Teaser poster art for "The Dark Knight Rises.""Twilight" stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.

Top 3 MUST-SEE!!!
Poster art for "The Vow."
The Vow with Channing Tatum & Rachel McAdams
I am dying to see this for Valentine's Day! 
Poster art for "The Hunger Games."
The Hunger Games! Love the books!
We are going to see it opening night!
Poster art for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
 James is super excited for this!
I am sure I will enjoy it too :)

Thank goodness for the library, Redbox, Netflix, and the $3 theater. The real movie theater is for super special movies only aka the top three movies above! Can't wait!



1 comments:

Kara February 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

Just finished watching Abduction w/Taylor Lautner. Keith refused to watch it with me because he hates Taylor Lautner haha anyway I really liked it! you should check it out if you haven't already it's in redbox.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP