Hunger & Heart

 Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kelsey, Chelsea, Kate, Cim, & Jessica
(Please excuse the poor quality photo. Our waiter was not very picture-taking-savvy)
Friday night some of the girls celebrated Kate Wood's birthday! It was so much fun to catch up & talk about girl stuff. We mostly talked about babies because Kate is expecting! Congrats birthday girl! 
We went to
babbo italian logo 
Babbo Italian Eatery in Glendale was tasty & sophisticated with fresh pastas, pizzas, & salads. I had the Three Cheese Mac and Cheese: Smokey Chipotle Cream Sauce blended with Cheddar, Mozzarella and Gorgonzola cheeses. Served with Bacon and Sausage on Penne Pasta. I ordered it without the sausage. It was surprisingly spicy but super good. I will definitely take James here because the pricing is between $8-$13 for a nice sized pasta or pizza. Going here Friday night was perfect because it fulfilled my HUNGER and got me ready for...
YES!
THE HUNGER GAMES
 
James and I went to the 9:40 showing of The Hunger Games with Than & Ixchel. We all loved it! My personal opinion is that if you want to thoroughly enjoy this movie, you must read the book(s) before you watch the movie. The first book is my favorite, and I reread it before seeing the movie. If you have not read The Hunger Games & you are wondering what all the hype is about this movie, then you should definitely a) check out The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins from your local library & b) buy The Hunger Games at your nearest Barnes & Noble, then c) go see The Hunger Games movie! 
LOVE THIS!
 

And now for.heart.
On Saturday night James went with me to see a dance concert performed by the Mesa Community College Dance Company. I needed to see a concert & write a dance critique for my jazz class before the end of the semester. I am so glad I chose to go to this one! The dance concert was a benefit concert titled Heartfelt, dancing through aspects of the heart. 
 
The dance company danced for a fellow dancer who underwent a heart transplant last Sunday. All proceeds went to medical expenses. The performance touched my heart because it reminded me that we are all children of our Heavenly Father who loves us. Watching the dance company dance their hearts out for their friend reminded me of the importance of true service & friendship & how it can strengthen & uplift someone in ways we can't even imagine. I am thankful to Heavenly Father for my sacred body. I am grateful for my heart & for my ability to breathe, feel, love, & dance. This performance has humbled me. I am so blessed to have a healthy family. I am blessed to have a husband with a desire to become a doctor who will one day help others through his knowledge, talents, & abilities. I am glad to be an organ donor. My thoughts & prayers are with this strong dancer & for all those undergoing organ transplants. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP