Bring May Flowers

 Sunday, May 6, 2012

Yay for May! My mom and I absolutely LOVE this month because we have so many good memories tied to this month, not to mention we both have May birthdays. Oh and don't forget Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Happy May!
This past week...
I auditioned for the dance company VERVE & made it! Every member to first make the company starts as an "apprentice" which basically means you prove yourself to be committed to the company. 
Friday night my branch manager at Chase treated all of us to a "Mystery Mansion Dinner." The food was pretty tasty & the entertainment was cheesy but surprisingly funny (esp the gypsy played by a man as shown on the far right)! We all enjoyed ourselves and loved laughing together outside of work. 
On Cinco de Mayo James and I went on a really fun date that did not involve mexican food. We went to Sports Authority for James so he could buy some new soccer cleats. 
James trying on some Nike cleats!
Only in Arizona do they sell Halloween themed swimsuits for October because you CAN swim outside during Halloween season.
I have high arches.
James has normal arches.

Next we headed on over to Kohls to buy some new dress pants for work & some fancy black sandals also for work (my manager gave me approval to wear open-toed shoes during the summer months here in AZ).
daisy fuentes Favorite Straight-Leg Pants
Then James and I went to dinner at the most delish barbecue place. This restaurant was featured on the FoodNetwork show Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives and it's about a 3 minute drive from our house! It's called Thee Pitts Again. I have no idea why it's called that, but it doesn't matter because it's the cutest place decorated with little pink piggy decor & they serve scrumptious BBQ brisket sandwiches & get ready for it....FRIED TWINKIES! Yes I tasted my first ever fried twinkie. It's too bad that just one fried twinkie is about 1,000 calories haha. Here are some pictures of us eating at Thee Pitts Again. 
Who would have thought this place was amazingly delish???
Posing outside of Thee Pitts Again
 BBQ Brisket, Pulled Pork, & Pulled Chicken with Mashed Potatoes
 James & I decided to share this scrumptious meal...
 so we could save room for the...
 Fried Twinkie!!! Haha look at James' face.
 First time ever and I loved it.
Pink pig lollipop as a souvenir! 

After dinner we headed over to the $3 theater to see This Means War. As James and I like to put it, we didn't LOVE it but we were entertained & enjoyed ourselves. There were some pretty funny parts to it and I like Reese Witherspoon & Chris Pine. 

Sunday brings...
Nana's famous homemade spaghetti sauce with angel hair noodles.
Didn't have a picture of the spaghetti so I thought this cute one would do :)

Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispies bars
Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Bars, close up
Recipe here

And of course walks to the park are always in order on a beautiful May Sunday! James and I were so excited to see a momma duck & her cute little ducklings! 


So excited to see the duckies!!!

Can't wait to see what else May brings for us this year! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP