Happy Birthday Mom & Texas Trip

 Sunday, May 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Mom! 
I love you!
                            Click to play this Smilebox greeting

I made these Chocolate & Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies today in honor of Mom's birthday and yum are they delicious! 


James was sweet enough to think of one of the best birthday presents ever for me. A trip to Texas to see my amazing family! He found roundtrip tickets for $77 each. EACH!!! Of course Spirit airlines charges for everything, but for the price of everything it wasn't too bad & we enjoyed a great few days with my family! Here are the highlights of our trip:

We surprised Chan & Pi with a game of Bean Boozled. Yep we all ate these jelly beans:
If you have time you must watch these hilarious videos of us eating these babies!









The first night we went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant San Lorenzo's.


That night Dad introduced the movie Captain America to us in preparation for The Avengers. We really enjoyed Captain America & are stoked to see The Avengers soon!
I was so sad that he couldn't go on his first date with her!

On Sunday we went to church & Pi & I took some pictures with her cute dog Paxton! 




Haha so cute Paxton!


Then we enjoyed a delicious Fakkel barbecue! James helped Dad with hot dogs & chicken on the grill & Mom made her scrumptious macaroni salad. Don't forget the chips & crystal light! 
We also ate a yummy chocolate cake in celebration of my birthday on the 10th & Mom's birthday on the 27th!
 Piper made me a cute card and this pretty bracelet!
Thanks Pi I LOVE it!

On Monday we had the most wonderful day ever! 
James and I took Chandler & Piper out for breakfast at IHOP! 






We enjoyed ourselves at the BEACH!!! Stewart Beach in Galveston isn't the most gorgeous beach ever, but the water was so warm & we swam in the ocean for quite a while! Fish were jumping everywhere! We all loved riding the waves & diving into them whenever we could. We ate a picnic lunch (including my childhood favorite--nectarines at the beach!). 



Straight from the beach we headed to a surprise birthday present from my parents to me (and mom's birthday present from daddy)...Moody Gardens Resort!
We've been here before (minus James) for one of my dance competitions long ago & just loved it! 
Mom & Dad got a room for us there to get ready for dinner after we enjoyed ourselves at the gorgeous pool! The pool was SOOO relaxing and very fun after our swim at the beach. We washed all the saltwater & sand off of us and replaced it with the chlorine smell instead! Haha. The weather was so sunny & nice & the pool was the right temp to be refreshing. Mom & Pi ordered a virgin pina colada & James & I practiced back flips (me jumping off us hands backwards into the pool). Dad relaxed with us too & Chan decided to relax in our hotel room watching Pawn Stars & working on his graffiti art in the notepad he got at Walgreens. We all had a blast!





After a long day in the sun we all got ready for dinner in the hotel room. Pi & I took pictures of course :)


DELICIOUS dinner at Saltgrass Steakhouse! Thanks Mom & Dad!
James and I LOVE going here every  time we're in Texas.



Old historic buildings in downtown Galveston...GORGEOUS!
I want to live in the last one.
Haha Chan
My two favorite girls

On our last day Mom had to work and Chan had school but Dad, Pi, James & I went to see the matinee showing of The Hunger Games!
James loves Gale for Katniss
I just can't decide...I love both!
 We'd all seen it before but we went back to see it a second time and we loved it just as much if not more! Haymitch is way funnier this time around! Best line from Haymitch:

We absolutely loved every moment spent with the family in Texas. Love and miss ya'll already! Thanks for a wonderful trip! 
Love,
James & Chels







1 comments:

Kara May 31, 2012 at 5:34 PM  

haha I loved those videos! love your fam! Sounds like a fun trip! You gonna come up for Mom and Dad's (Cita & Grandpa's) farewell?

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP