a weekend in texas

 Sunday, January 27, 2013

I was lucky enough to discover that my work had given me 4 days off in a row without realizing it (Saturday, Sunday, Monday was a holiday, Tuesday). In a week's notice I quickly found $89 airfare and hopped on a plane to visit my fam! Oh we were so happy! Of course we wished James could have gone too, but medical school would never allow it. LOVED hanging out with my family...wished I could have stayed longer but am thankful for this blessing that Heavenly Father blessed me with. 
Saturday we had a girls day out! We went shopping at the Stonebriar mall and Piper bought a cute skirt. We  went out for lunch at Panera and went to Half Price Books. We made & ate homemade Ben & Jerry's ice cream and they introduced me to season 1 of Drop Dead Diva! 
Sunday we went to church and then had dinner at Nana & Grandpa's house. We had Nana's lasagna & Grandpa's chocolate chip cookies. We did some genealogy and watched the hilarious youtube video of cats playing patty cake
Chandler and I went out for lunch to Chipotle and had a brother-sister date!
 
 This boy makes me laugh.
 Can you tell we are related?
 I fell in love with the family dog, Paxton. He is the sweetest dog in the world. I am not an animal person, but I will forever love this sweetie. I am glad he is part of the Fakkel family.
 We took a quick family picture in front of their new house
 Missing Pete & James!
 We also went out for dinner at Chili's! 
(Dad took the picture so he's not in it)
Love my pretty sister Pi! 
I loved hanging with her and singing and dancing to crazy songs on the radio in the car! 
I had a blast with my fam in Texas. I hope we can play again soon!
Love, Chels

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP