July 2015

 Wednesday, March 23, 2016

July 1
My brother Chandler and sister Piper came into town last night to help me with the house! Also, it was James' first day of residency! He was soooo tired when he got home. He worked 5am-7pm, then sat down and started studying for his didactics quiz. He rejected ice cream (!!??????!!!!!). His mind was swimming. His first rotation in July is internal medicine. Not his favorite and can be pretty brutal. I spent the day scrubbing the walls to get the wallpaper residue off. It really sucked. Afterwards we decided to go to Roger Williams Park and ride the carousel to relive our childhood memories. When we got home we walked to the Davisville library (a 4 min walk from our house) and borrowed 3 dvds. We had chicken taco salad for dinner and watched a movie with ice cream.
 Poor James is exhausted after his first day of residency.
Chan & Pi & I riding the carousel! 
Chan had an obsession with this gumball machine as a kid! 
 
July 2
James had a much better day. He went to didactics and took his quiz, then had lots of charting to do. My siblings and I finished scrubbing the walls, then we took a picnic lunch to Goddard State Park. Pi and I dipped our feet in the water. We watched a movie at home and enjoyed chicken enchiladas with James. We watched a movie and ate ice cream.
July 3
Chores for the house! Mom and Dad flew in and we gave them a tour of our house. We visited Gilbert Street in Massachusetts where we grew up, then headed to Town Spa for delicious pizza. Of course we had Crescent Ridge ice cream for dessert afterwards. We celebrated the 4th of July by watching the Sharon Fireworks show on the lake near Nans & Gramps' old house. The waitress at Town Spa wished us a good holiday by saying, "Have a good fouath," haha!
 
 Love Pi and Mom!
 Cute parents. Dad with his Old Country Store shirt I gave him for Father's Day.
 Best pizza ever.
 
July 4
This fourth of July was depressing for me. Mom, Dad, Chan, and Pi went to Falmouth to have a celebration with our family friends the Rosbachs. I did chores at home waiting for James to get home early from work between 1-4pm. He got home at 6:20. Then his pager went off at 6:28 and he's on call until 6:30. He drove back to the hospital and the patient had already died by the time he got there. So I was starving so I ate hot pockets and a little ice cream. He came home and we were both just tired and bummed out so we watched House, M.D. and my family came home. I could have spent a fun day in Falmouth celebrating the 4th with my family at the beach, but I wanted to spend the holiday with my husband since he was getting off work "early." It was disappointing but at least I was trying to be a good wife :)
July 5
James and I substitute taught Andy Bergeson's 12-13 year old Sunday School class at church and the lesson was on preparing for temple ordinances. I met Megan Caswell and talked with Sister Sun Mae Nye who is Korean! My family met the Levins. We had an amazing 4th of July BBQ as a family after church. We had help deciding on paint colors for the house.
 Dad & James manning our new grill.
July 6
We primed the walls today! We were soooo tired. We treated ourselves to frozen yogurt at Fresh Wave. We waited until James got home from work so he was able to go with us. We ate Nana's spaghetti recipe for dinner and relaxed after painting all day!
July 7
James woke up way late at 7:01am and had to present at 7:30! Thankfully he made it there at 7:29 (thank goodness we live 10 mins from the hospital) with enough time to log into the computer. Poor stressed out hubby! Chan mowed our lawn after Dad put together our new lawn mower. We spent $400 at Home Depot and bought paint. We decided on Beach House white with a custom color of 40% less color Frosted Silver for the trim. We painted Urban Raincoat as the accent color for the china hutch and Greenwich Village as the accent wall color in the living room. We finished priming then painted the dining room. We had Hawaiian haystacks for dinner. Our neighbor Linda stopped by with some cookies and the recycling schedule. She's so sweet! The bad news is we need a new kitchen faucet because ours is a total leak hole thanks to the constant hooking up of the dishwasher!
Parents painting the breezeway. 
Chan mowing the lawn for us!
July 8
The painting is coming along slowly at this point. But Dad completely finished the dining room! It looks amazing. We painted the living room, hall, and small bedroom we will use as the office. It was unbelievably humid! We also went to Home Depot and bought more supplies and a new cheap faucet since ours was busted. Mom got Subway for dinner for us and James came home from work. He studied while Mom and I looked at buying roller blinds from blinds.com and ate some ice cream. It was a looong and tiring day!
The painted dining room!
James at work!
July 9
We worked hard by painting the house some more. As a reward we all drove to the Old Country Store with the family and treated ourselves to old fashioned fudge. James and I went to dinner at Pane e Vino with Mom, Dad, and Tammy & Mark Rosbach at Federal Hill in Providence. It was really yummy and it was so fun to catch up with them! I hadn't seen them since we lived in Massachusetts in 2000!
Pi being silly at the Old Country Store 
Family photo at our favorite spot! James was still at work.
We put a quarter in the Old Piano Player!
July 10
Dad ripped off the nasty maroon brown tile from the walls in the kitchen area! Thanks Dad! We spent the evening with my family all together. 
 
Hard at work. 
Wendy's for dinner. 
July 11
Mom and Dad and Chan left to go back to Texas. Pi and I ran errands like crazy and then got to relax for the rest of the day. 
Mom accidentally took this list back to Texas with her and I need it, so she snapped a picture of it with Paxton holding it with his paws. Haha so cute!
July 12
We had a great day at church. Pi looked so pretty with her long hair straightened! She and I relaxed with James.
July 13
We took the car to get new tires and went to the grocery store. We were so tired so we watched shows all day! Pretty Little Liars and What I Like About You!
The painted accent wall in the living room.
July 14
It's so fun to hang out with my sister all day!
July 15
Piper and I went to the Dollar Tree and the pet store to look at the cute animals!
July 16
We made homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner!
July 17
A night in with James and Pi. 
July 18
James and I went to WaterFire with our friends in Providence. Reese & Lauren, Meaghan & Joe, and Jamie & Nikki came but we couldn't ever find Jamie & Nikki to meet up with them. It was so cool to see all that fire on the water! I made the best alfredo ever and James and Pi loved it!
July 19
We had a wonderful time at church. I was called and set apart as the 2nd Counselor in the Young Women Presidency. I went to Young Women class with Piper, and Bri Bergeson gave the lesson because she is the 1st Counselor. Haidee Storms is President, and she is the sweetest. There are about 12 Young Women total but only 6 including Piper were there today. Bri made smores cupcakes for her lesson, yum! For dinner we had spinach lasagna and Pi and I made cupcakes for dessert because we couldn't get enough of Bri's at church! I spent the evening writing my talk to give in church next week.
July 20
I exercised, then we Killz primed the kitchen and bathroom and cleaned up the paint mess from upstairs today. We got lots done on my to-do list! We made ground beef BBQ sandwiches for dinner. For Family Home Evening I gave a lesson on the pioneers and our family ancestor Hannah Middleton who is our 7th cousin, 6 times removed and is one of the LDS pioneers from the Martin Handcart Company!
July 21
Piper and I went to Narragansett Beach for the young men/young women combined activity!
July 22-26 I didn't document. I assume we worked on the house, watched shows together, and on Sunday I gave my talk on personal scripture study and James gave his talk on couple scripture study in church.
July 27
Piper and I went shopping at Providence Place Mall!
 
July 28
We went to the young women activity which was cleaning the church! We found Dad's artwork from the Friend hanging in one of the primary classrooms!
July 29
I scored some great deals at Kohl's when Pi and I went shopping. We wasted 2 hours at the dermatologist's office for Piper's appointment that got all messed up from her transferring her records from TX to RI. For dinner we grilled chicken and hot dogs and then watched Pretty Little Liars.
Spencer from Pretty Little Liars
July 30-31 I didn't document, but I imagine Pi and I hung out during the day and welcomed James home at night! Oh and I made chicken tikka masala!
July was filled with hard work, sweat, and fun with my family visiting us. I'm so grateful for the help they gave us on our house, and I'm thankful for the blast that Piper and I had together as she visited us for the summer! I'm also glad that James did so well on his first rotation doing Internal Medicine. So glad that's over with! Let's see what August brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP